600g sweet potato
1 red onion (or white onion)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh, ginger or ¼ tsp dried ginger
1 clove garlic
½ tsp chilli flakes
1l vegetable stock
1. This recipe is for 2 so save half for another day.
2. Chop the onions, garlic and carrots, and dice the sweet potato.
3. Heat the oil in a large, lidded saucepan over a medium-high heat.
4. Add the onion and carrots and cook until softened. Stir in the grated ginger, garlic and chilli flakes and fry for 2–3 minutes, or until fragrant.
5. Stir in the sweet potatoes and stock. Turn up the heat and bring the pan to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and blend the soup until smooth. Season to taste. Serve with crumbled feta.