2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 tbsp Italian mixed herbs
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 beef stock cube
500g lean minced beef
50g spaghetti per portion (or other pasta)
1. This makes four portions of bolognese. If you are making this meal for more than one person, cook 50g pasta per portion.
2. Heat large sauce pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, celery, and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally until tender about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add the minced beef and Italian seasonings. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir continuously, breaking up the clumps of mince until it's brown all over, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the crumbled stock cube and 100ml water and the tomatoes. Increase heat to high and let it bubble for a minute then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20mins stirring occasionally.
5. Ten minutes before it's ready, cook spaghetti according to instructions on the pack.
6. Divide the bolognese sauce into four portions, cool and freeze three for another day. Eat the remaining portion with the spaghetti.