230g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
150g baby potatoes
50g frozen peas
50ml instant chicken gravy
1 tsp olive oil
A squeeze of lemon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Par-boil the potatoes for 10mins.
3. Add the potatoes and chicken to a roasting tin. Drizzle over the teaspoon of olive oil and spread it evenly using your hands until everything glistens. Add a squeeze of lemon to the chick and a little salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 25mins. Baste after 15mins.
4. Meanwhile, slice the cabbage. When you are about 10mins before the end of the chicken being ready, cook the cabbage. If you have a steamer, use it, but if not, boil in a pan. Use enough water to just cover the cabbage. Boil for 5-8mins, until it is tender but not mushy.
5. In a separate pan, cook the peas. Pour over some boiling water and bring back to the boil. As soon as the water starts bubbling the peas are done.
6. While the peas and the cabbage are cooking, make up 50ml of the gravy and serve with the roast.