350g roasted red peppers from a jar
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
¼ tsp chilli flakes
6 basil leaves
2 tsp olive oil
500ml vegetable stock
2 wholemeal pitta bread
60g mozzarella cheese
1. Peel and chop the onion, and the garlic and fry in the oil gently over a low heat until softened.
2. Drain the jar of roasted peppers, roughly chop them and add them to the pan with the tin of chopped tomatoes. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
3. Meanwhile, prepare your mozzarella melts. Top the pitta bread with the mozzarella slices and preheat the grill.
4. When your soup is simmering, pop the pittas under the grill to melt. Then blend the soup - remembering to keep one eye on the grill. Add salt and pepper to the soup and serve in a bowl topped with the chilli flakes if you like some heat.
5. When the mozzarella is melted, remove your pittas from the grill and top with the basil leaves. Dip in the soup if that's your thing!