80ml vegetable stock
2 cloves garlic
200ml semi-skimmed milk
A squeeze of lemon juice
40g cheddar cheese or other cheese
1 tsp butter or oil
1. Peel and chop the onion, and the white part of the leek and gently fry in the butter or oil, with the lid on. Stir occasionally until they are soft but not brown, about 5-8mins.
2. Meanwhile, peel and dice the potatoes and add them to the leeks and onions. Cook for another five mins.
3. Add the stock and peeled whole garlic cloves and simmer until the potato is soft.
4. When the potato is cooked, add all the other ingredients except the cheese and some salt and 4. pepper taste and then blend until smooth.
5. Keep half for another day and serve the rest topped with half the grated cheese.